Wednesday, May 16, 2007

i'm still alive



hello everyone!

well....in case ya'll have been wondering, i am safe and sound on catalina island. the fire was on the opposite end from where i'm at. it's kind of strange though that people back in illinois knew more about it than i did...because we had no way of watching the news or anything. although we did see and smell smoke. so the only way it really effected us here in emerald bay is that we haven't had electricity or internet for the past week. it just got turned back on a couple hours ago, and i must say that it was super nice to be able to check my email. i feel connected to the outside world once again!


so camp has been going well. we've had some fantastic kids...i got charged by a buffalo...sharayah is back on the island...i had to do some first aid on my boss this afternoon when he walked up to me with his hands covered in blood (he ended up having to go to avalon to get stitches)...i decided to train for another half marathon...and tonight was burrito night in the dining hall, which is my fav meal here on the island! it's the simple things in life:) oh, and as you can see by the photo, i'm working on my tan lines!
more later....
love,
brooke.

4 comments:

cindy said...

Okay, I don't have much sympathy. At least you have tan lines!!

Craig R said...

Brooke. I spoke with your mom this morning and she led me to your blog site. Very excited for you. Love to catch up sometime. -
Craig Raughton (craig@compmort.com)

Tiffany said...

Hi Brooke!

Kari just sent me your blog address and I was so glad to hear that you were not impacted by the fires (more than you were). I thought of you immediately and prayed for you when I saw it on the news. It sounds like you're having a good time out there, and I love your photos! I'm going to be in Pasadena for two weeks in July... I don't know if there's any way we can connect, but I'd love to see you! Take care!

Tiffany

Kari said...

Hi sister!
Holy smokes...you've got some major tan lines! Are you sure those are your feet? Did you take a picture of someone else's feet and post them as yours...smile, wink! I didn't think it was possible for any Williams to get that tan. (Ok, maybe except Cara...she gets pretty brown.)

Love ya, little river!
Miss you!
~K