Thursday, February 26, 2009

dinner, chocolate & the big question


i know, i know....it's been way too long since i've posted anything. but, believe me, i have a good reason. i guess my blogging-hiatus started awhile ago....so the blogging world has been left out of the loop that i met an amazing man. not just amazing...but wonderful and fun and incredibly talented and good looking and all around great. so this relationship started last summer and grew and grew some more and then what-do-ya-know, valentines day rolls around and rob surprises me with.......any guesses?......anyone?....it's the ultimate surprise. that's right, a ring! he proposed!! we're engaged!!!!! i was so surprised, which made it that much more fun. in case any curious minds want to know, here's how it went down: we had plans to make dinner together for valentines day...so we found an excellent new recipe that we were going to try together. so he comes over to my place. we make dinner. we ate dinner. i'm taking my sweet ol' time, because i haven't the slightest idea what is waiting for me in the gift bag that he brought over! so after dinner, he rather non-chalantly says, "lets open gifts." so, i gave him a little something i made for him. then comes the gift bag that had been sitting there since he came over. there were some fun things in there that i loved, but the last item i pulled out was a big, tall box of chocolates. i was looking forward to indulging in one of them. so i lifted the lid off, but there were no chocolates in sight. instead, there was an open ring box staring up at me with a stunning ring inside. sparkly beautiful. better than any ring i've ever seen. i was shocked. really, i was. i'm not even sure what i said at first. i looked over at rob. i'm sure my jaw was dropped. he then proceeded to say sweet things, followed by, "will you marry me?" to which i said absolutely yes! oh my goodness, we're getting married! :) that was a little over a month ago...and the countdown sits at just over four months until the big day. 4 whole months. man. seems like forever. i cant wait to be rob's wife. there will be many adventures ahead...

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I am SO excited for you brooke! We totally need to get together for lunch or coffee or something, I want to hear all about your plans, YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Agreed! So excited for you and Rob...and I love wedding planning, so much fun!

Laur said...

This for real just gave me goosebumps. I love you. I love him for loving you. :)

Tania said...

Congratulations Brooke. Married life is a blast. I wish you much fun in planning. =)

Kari said...

oh my word...how did i miss this post???? where was i??? hmmmm, weird.

web lol said...

kul page

Custom web application development said...

Some really nice stuff on this internet site , I enjoy it.

http://gunmayhem.co said...

Thanks for this grand post, I am glad I found this site on yahoo.